Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Scrapping Challenge

I over did it a little this month...

I signed up for May 2011 LOAD by ScrapHappy.com (a layout every day of the month)

Spring Training by Elle Publishing

A two week organizing class by Simple Scrapping

A weekly challenge with my sister. A Mother's Legacy, A hallmark journal I purchased and each week present another page of questions we have to scrap/art journal about.

3 All Day Crops - A Page in Time, May 7th, 10 am - 5 pm
Michael's Crafts Crop, May 14th, 9 am - 9 pm
Cyber Crop by Creative Memories and Big Picture Classes
on May 7th from 9 am - 9 pm.

Somewhere along the line I also have to go to 9 of my son's baseball games, 8 of my daughter's softball games, 4 Dentist/Doctor appts, 1 Birthday, and who knows how many practices I will be dropping off and picking up from.

This is going to be a busy month.

Oh, am I supposed to be cooking, packing daily lunches, housework, feeding the dog, taking showers, going to work, typing up my husband's business proposals and invoices, etc..?

Lets see how this month plays out.

Though, I have to admit, I am excited at how it is starting.

Day three into the LOAD challenge and today I found out I won for Day Two's challenge. And I really struggled with what I was going to scrap about. The challenge was Contrast.

Huh? I never thought about contrast in a layout, so I had some photos from last fall of my son's football team lying near my scanner. I took my favorite and blew it up, cropped the other two photos down some, added some little scraps of paper, a sheet of background paper, finish. And shockingly, I won!



For Day One, the challenge was Keep It Simple. This was a big relief for me. I have been looking at a photo of Kevin and I for weeks. I loved the photo. It was taken last October on a Cruise ship. It was a big 8 x 10 photo that I really wanted to scrap, but I had no clue how to embellish it. For this challenge, I simply painted some white gesso paint on some heavy green backgroud paper, added a sticker title I bought out of the clearance bin at Michael's and hand wrote a little journaling. Done! And I really like the results.



Day three, I thought was even more difficult. Emphasis! How do I do this. I went flipping through some old layouts. Many of my old layouts use 4x6 photos and have no journaling on them. I saw these photos the day my son got his arm casted and immediately remember the story that went with them, but I never wrote the story on the original layout. It was a plain piece of 12 x 12 green cardstock with three photos mounted on more green paper and some Jolee stickers. So, I tore the photos off the old layout. Found some new cardstock and background paper that I thought went well,and typed up the conversation I remember my son and I haveing. It was too small, typed at again even larger, still too small. Emphasis...Typed it up a third time really big, Yes, this is what I want. Added our conversation to the page. Done.


I am looking forward to tomorrow's challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment