Saturday, August 13, 2011

Martha Stewart Card Classes

I have been working on putting together samples for 2 Martha Stewart card classes I hope to teach at the Michael's stores in N. Weymouth and Braintree.
The first class is The Punch Around the Page class.

These cards are surprisingly easy to put together. There are enough supplies in the class kit to make these 6 cards. It took me about 40 minutes to assembly all 6 cards.



Here are close ups of the cards.



These 2 cards are Project 1. This first project gets you familiar with the whole process of how these punches work together.




Project 2 has two cards, as well. These show you a second option using these punches. And yes, I just realized I posted these two cards upside down. I will have to go back and fix that. (sorry)



Project 3 teached you how to get a mirror image of the punch.


And Project 4 shows you a neat little trick with using a corner punch on cards.

The next class is the Martha Stewart Glittering Techniques Card Class

This class is a more time intense class but the results are beautiful



Again, I added close up photos of these cards:


Project 1 - Learning the basic steps of adding glitter to an embellishment.


Project 2 other ways of adding glitter to your projects.


Project 3 - Getting into the little detail work of how to position different colors of glitter.


And Project 4 teached you how to gradually change to the color of your glitter on a project. 9 yes, I know, another upside down card. They show the correct way when I save then, then somewhere along the line they flip. I will figure it out. sorry, again)

So these are just 2 classes I am working on. The cost of these classes are $10 plus the supplies. Each class kit is sold as a kit in the Martha Stewart aisle. I used a 40% coupon to purchase the kits. so use your coupons ladies if you would like to take these classes.
While you are Michaels please let them know you are interested in these classes.

Along with the kits you also need a basic class kit of supplies. If you make cards or scrapbooks you more then likely have these things already.

Basic Class Tool Kit: ( ) items are my recommendations you do not need these brands, simply what I like to use on my own projects.
12 inch paper trimmer (Fiskar)
Scissors (EK Success Cutter Bees non-stick)
Dry Adhesive (Tombow permanent tape runner)
Liquid Adhesive (Beacon 3 in 1)
black Journaling Pen

for the glitter class i also recommend 2 paper plates, a couple of paper towels and some scrap paper, notebook or computer paper is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment