Saturday, June 23, 2012

SSS Saturday June 23 Theme Day

Saturdays will be a Theme Day for the Summer Scrap Your Stash Challenge. With the heat we have had the last few days, today's Theme is
Water

 Scrap a layout, or make a card about anything to do with water, the beach, boating, a pool party, the sprinkler. WATER should be in it somewhere.
My sample today show what we have been doing at my house for the past week. We started repairing are old pool. We started it last Saturday and finished it this past Thursday. Major work but is was so worth it to be able to jump in with the 95 degree days we have had.
I used something from long ago...A Paperkin. (a precut paper piecing by Pebbles before they were bought out by EK Success, a little scrapping history for ya)

Rather then just glueing her down as is, I added some shading with Copic markers. 
In my original idea, I had two Paperkins, the boy and girl, but then decided instead of the boy, I need to find a good photo of my dog out in the hot sun. So before the day is out I may change this up to add a small photo of my dog in the bottom left corner being all hot and cranky.
I keep an inventory in my Scraprack of my scrapping supplies and it came in handy this morning. Instead of pulling out all my inks to see what brown and green would work best on my sand and grass, I looked at my inventory of Distress inks that I have labeled with little numbers and quickly found the colors I wanted to use.



For the grass I picked my # THD21, Peeled Paint. It would have taken me even longer to get this layout done if I had to go digging through different ink pads and finding what I should use, so thanks again to the Scraprack Organizing challenge.
Have fun with your Water Theme today, dig through your stash to see what you can use.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment