Tuesday, July 10, 2012

SSS July 10 Technique Tuesday

Today's technique is...    Dry Embossing.

Any project you would like, a card or layout or whatever.  Dry embossing can be using your embossing folders, plates, spellbinder dies, brass plates with a stylus, any kind of embossing.

My sample was truly Scrapping from Your Stash.

I was in a card challenge that had to use these three colors and after making my card, I had the leftover cardstock sitting on my desk and just started playing with the scraps along with my embossing folders and punches.

For my sample:    First I cut pieces into 4 1/2 x 5 inch pieces, than ran these pieces through the cuttlebug using different embossing folders.  After that I punched different size scalloped circles out of the paper.  Then I just started layering the punches and liked the look, so I went searching for a piece of background paper that I thought went well with my colors.

This is my finished layout.


Here is a close up of the embossing.  I was able to punch out 4 scalloped circles from the pieces I ran through the cuttlebug.
The doily on the page is a die from Stampin' Up! and the butterflies are made using a punch by EK Success.

Happy Scrapping!

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment