Friday, July 13, 2012

SSS July 13 Color Challenge

Happy Friday!

Since it is Friday, that means it is a Color Challenge Day.

I recently signed up for a card challenge with a stamp store in CT called Beautiful Impressions.  I have never been to this store so I cannot give you a review of the store itself.   They were having a card challenge contest and I just love a challenge. So, I signed up and they mailed me a mystery grab bag. 

The way this Card Making Challenge works is you pay $12 for a grab bag.  There are only 12 bags.  Each bag hold two different stamp sets, and other embellishments.  There is also a Color Challenge listed.  You have to make a card using the 2 stamp sets and with a finished project using the colors in the challenge. Every bag has different stamps and goodies but they all have to use the same colors for their finished project.

The contents of my bags were:
Henry's Brilliance by Nikki Sivils
Thank You Definition by Hero Arts
3 ribbons one each for each color of the challenge,
some brads, buttons, bling, tags,
and a small ink pad in orange.

The colors to use were, Apricot, Pool, and Orange. I was OK with the apricot and orange, but was not sure what shade of blue "Pool" would be so I went with a pale blue.

These are images of the 2 stamps sets in my mystery bag.

I thought they were both really nice stamps sets but I was having a hard time coming up with something using the owl stamp set with these colors.  I think browns and oranges with owls, not light blues and apricots.

Here is the card I came up with...

So, with my card challenge done and in the mail to be judges by customers at the store, I am sharing the same color challenge with you.  You don't have to use any stamps or ribbons or anything else you do not wish to.  You just have to come up with a project, or card, or scrapbook layout using these three colors.

I would love to see what you come up with.  My blog post from July 10 is a layout I made using the scraps from this card.  After finishing the card I had the leftovers sitting on my desk and just started playing with them and ending up with a layout I really liked but without this color challenge I would never have thought to put these colors together on a layout.

Happy Scrapping.

Sharon


No comments:

Post a Comment