Friday, July 20, 2012

SSS July 20 Color challenge

TGIF!

I thought this day would never arrive.  My stepson and granddaughter are coming up for a short three day visit.  I have not seen my GD since last summer and told my DS he can do whatever her wants this weekend but my GD is all mine for the weekend!  She is almost 4 and this will only be the 5th time I have been able to visit with her.  Not enough!  I do not like that they live so far away.

Anyway, on to the Color Challenge for today. Our colors today are in the warm tones, Orange, Yellow, Red.  You do not have to use all three but stay in this range.  Just typing these colors makes me think of candlelight, campfires, sunsets, etc.  What does it make you think of?

Use these colors in a card or layout today.

My samples today are from a old blog post.  I will work on  a project today using these colors but wanted to share a few photos of how I have used these colors before.

The whole reasoning behind using these color for these projects was because I had just gotten a SU order delivered and was excite to open it up and put everything in its proper place, when I realized I had ordered Tangerine Tango cardstock when I already had it.  Well, I knew I had the perfect paper pad to go with this paper I knew it had Mango in the name and knew it had oranges and reds and yellows but I could not find it anywhere. I tore my room apart because I knew I had this very large 12x12 pad that would go perfect with this color cardstock.  Concluding that I must have left it behind at a crop or something I went to Michael's bought the pad again and pulled out a few sheets to use for these cards and then noticed the "missing pad" was tucked in with my cutting mats. Augh!   So all the more reason to use these colors since I had so much now.









These are photos of a post it note holder. I used the Tangerine Tango cardstock and the owl is the new Owl punch, both from Stampin Up! I know this needs something more. I need to stamp something next to the owl, I just don't know what, yet.













This is another post it note holder but I got these monogram post-its at Micheal's. $1.00 for two note pads. Again Tangerine Tango the stamp set for the monogram is Lovely Letters by SU. I added a little glue and some SU dazzling diamonds












These are small little 3 x 3 cards again using the Tangerine Tango and Sweet and Sour DSP. The stamp set for this was Forest Friends.









And lastly a card I made using the same owl punch And a border punch from Stampin Up! along with using up some more Tangerine Tango cardstock and Sweet and Sour DSP also from SU.




What can you come it with using these colors.  It doesn't have to be a layout, any project will do.

Go through you Stash and see what you can use.

Happy Friday

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment