Friday, July 27, 2012

SSS July 27 Color Challenge

Today's Colors Are:   Cream, Brown and Blue

While scrapping yesterday I was looking for some paper pads and found a card kit I had won at CKC this past April.  It amazes me that I have so much stuff that I can forget things like this when I get home from these events. I was only there for one day and did no shopping but put my name into the daily door prize and forgotten I had won this awesome kit.  I started to assemble the pieces yesterday.



Has anyone ever gotten a card kit from Close To My Heart.  I have never made cards the way they show to do them.  First you take out all the 12 x 12 cardstock and background paper, and cut it all up into different sizes that will be used later.  All the measurements are there right down to little 1x1 squares.


Then once you have little piles of paper cut up, the next step is to stamp all your images, so you find the right size pieces and stamp them with the stamp pad and ink that comes in the kit, there are color photos in the instructions to show you exactly what you are stamping.



This is as far as I got with the kit yesterday, but it feel strange making cards in this assembly line kind of way.

The kit comes with card bases and envelopes, 2 pieces of heavy cardstock, and 4 pieces of background paper in 2 different designs. a full D size stamp set (these retails for about 22.50, I think), 2 small inchie ink pads in Dutch Blue and Chocolate, and a bag full of embellishments.  I have not gone through this bag, yet but I can see ribbon, ribbon slides, and all kinds of other little goodies to complete these card, and full instruction booklet.




As you can tell by my color challenge today, the kit is all in cream, blue and brown, along with green, so I am challenging myself to finish these cards today and show you how they come out.

Update:  I spent the morning working on these cards.  The next step was to ink all the edges of everything that was already cut up or stamped. There is a sponge included in the kit but I prefer using my Tim Holtz ink applicator.  As you can see in the photo i use this one just for distressing. Half is for brown in and the other is for black ink.  I have a complete set of these I use for individual colors meaning i have one for all shades reds, one for greens, one for yellows, etc but this one I keep in my cropping crate just for my blacks and browns.

Once all the edges were inked it was time to assemble.



 


 



 



The kit made a total of 16 cards with included envelopes.  2 each of the 8 cards above.  What a great kit!  I can so see myself doing this all over again with my own papers in yellows, reds, and oranges.
You project can be a card, layout, anything you feel like working in today.

Work with what you have and happy scrapping.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment