Sunday, July 8, 2012

sss July 8 Family Day

I hope everyone is enjoying this challenge and using up some of their stash.

Sunday is Family Day.  Today's prompt is to scrap a layout about your earliest memory.  Wasyours as an infant? a toddler?  Maybe a school memory?  Whatever the oldest memory you can think of...This is your challenge for today.

I showed you this layout for a tool prompt, but it was made with today's challenge in mind, so I am sharing it, again.

My oldest memory was when I was 4 and my father taught me how to fish while standing on the side of a pond that was just out of view of a road somewhere.

I printed my journaling out on a transparency, and I tried to make my background paper blend in with the photo. The green paper on the bottom was first torn with a tearing ruler, then I inked the top edge with a darker green ink,  then I used Martha Stewart's 6 blade scissors to cut blades of grass.

I added a thin strip of green paper at the treeline of the lake. (Looking at it now, it doesn't match very well, I should have adhered my photo a little lower)

For the sky, I cut out a cloud shape with the cloud die from Sizzix.  I had a piece of very light blue cardstock for my background paper and with the stencil on top I inked off the cloud die cut with a slightly darker blue ink to make clouds.  Then a added the cloud die cuts (with the inked up edges) on top on what I already inked.


Happy Sunday and use up some of your stash of supplies today.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment