Saturday, August 18, 2012

SSS August 18 Theme Day

Saturday's are Theme days.  Today's theme is...

Fun & Games

This is a rather wide interpretation. So you can make it whatever you like.  It could be a day at the zoo, a game you like to play, or maybe you to play a joke on anyone?  Did you have a favorite toy?

My sample is a combination of :

A Favorite Kids' Movie - Toy Story

A Toy - Toy Soldiers

A favorite destination - Hollywood Studios

and

Being Silly - the kids pretending to be soldiers


It is a very simple layout but it used up things I had.

I only had 2 photos but I really liked the photos, to make the layout I used some of my oldest paper i had.  that white with green lines in the background.  I think I got this paper when I first started scrapping, it was some of the first I had found in 12 x 12 sizes, but I really didn't like it so it has been sitting in my "green section" for about 14 years.  Finally I found a use for it.  The brighter green was in with my scraps. 

The Hollywood Studios logo and the small photo on the bottom left I downloaded from the Internet from the Hollywood studios site online, just because I needed a little more to complete the page.

Then I cut out the toy soldiers.  I didn't have a second sheet of the same dark green paper so if you turned this layout around you would see I cut the middle out of my background green so i could use the same color to cut the figures out.  I cut them out using my Wishblade.  This really is an awesome tool.  I thank Michelle, again, for talking me out of getting rid of it.  Loving it!

Scrap From Your Stash.

I hope you have been using up lots of the supplies you already have.  I am very proud to say I have only bought 3 scrapping items all summer...

a plastic t-square ruler (to replace the one I broke)

a CROPPED kit from Above Rubies for an upcoming Online scrapping weekend in September, (this was a birthday present to myself in July) It was $55 dollars for the box of supplies and entry into the Online Weekend Scrappers Challenges and classes.  Way cheaper than the cost of going to a weekend crop.

and

I splurged and bought a $9.99 Mystery box from My Craft Channel. (this had at least $80 worth of product in it, some I may not use but other items I loved)

So remember to use of what you have.  At some point you spent good money on it with the intention of scrapping it, why let it just sit there in your supplies.  Dust if off and get it on a card or layout today.

Happy scrapping

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment