Thursday, August 9, 2012

SSS August 9 Tool Time

What tool should we use today?  How about your scissors?  Everyone knows I am not a big fan of using scissors.  Hey, that is why I have 6 different die cutting machines, just so I don't have to cut out any shapes ever with scissors.  But, this is your tool challenge for today.  Use your scissors to do some fancy cutting.  Cut around the flowers of your background paper or maybe something in a photo to make it stand out more.

My sample is from the New England Patriot's Training Camp held at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA on Tuesday.



The final results came to be this because I tried to do a digital layout.  I do not know why I even try but I tried this type of scrapping again and it would have been a failed attempt but I decided to keep what printed and do some adjustments.

I think the print would have worked out fine if my printer was not running out of ink so I got lines going across my page.  I could have started over again but I liked the layout, I just needed to adjust the photos.

So I was simply going to re-print the photos on good quality photo paper and cover the bad printing, but I decided to leave the background the way it was and silhouette cut each of the football players and then pop them up with some foam adhesive.

Here is a close up of how they look popped up.

As much as I dislike using scissors this was worth the time.  Tomorrow I will add a second page to this with my journaling.

So pull out your scissors and do some fancy cutting on your card or layout today.

Scrap from your Stash.
Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment