Tuesday, August 21, 2012

When Life gives You Lemons

Yesterday was Moody Monday.  My Summer Scrap Your Stash prompt was getting things done when you only have 5 minutes to spare.  If I had typed in my prompt after seeing my doctor yesterday it would have been more in the theme of Moody Monday.

I didn't get great news and it put me in a funk for the rest of the day.  Anyone that has been following my blog since I started it will know I have severe sinus and asthma issues.  Months can go by without any symptoms and I can actually forget I have any problems, then they flair up for whatever reason and the simple task of trying to get air in and out of my lungs leaves me physically and emotional exhausted.

Well, this has been a pretty good year, as far as symptoms go.  I am doing everything right, getting my 4 allergy shots every month, a big improvement from a year ago when was getting the four shots twice every week.  TI am taking my daily medicines for both asthma and allergies, etc...

But, I have seen my doctor 3 times this summer.  Summer is usually my best time of year.  He is concerned that I have been there already when my worst season is just around the corner (late August - early November)

The swelling in my sinuses that I saw him for 2 weeks ago, have not gone away.  It has improved but not gone away.  Still getting headaches nearly every day.  He will not give me any more steroids because that isn't good for me either.  I have to start taking two different allergy meds and keep taking everything else I am already on. 

The worst part is he says I may be a candidate for the sinus surgery, AGAIN.  I have had this 4 times.  The surgery is relatively easy and quick.  The recovery of it is extremely painful and leaves me totally useless to my family for the first two weeks.  I really can't go through this again.  Every time I have had this surgery I tell myself afterward.  No, never again.  It is just too painful to deal with.

So he said the best way to fight it is too do everything I am supposed to be doing every day.  Do not miss a day even if I feel good.  Keep getting my shots and he will see me in 6 months unless I feel like it is getting worse instead of better.  Then he looked me in the eyes and said "Do not be afraid to call me. If you need it, you need it.  Don't let it get so bad that it is harder for me to help you!"

So I left the office, cried a little and on the way to the drug store for more meds, I let myself get side tracked.  Instead of going to CVS, I went into the Goodwill store.  Lately this has been my favorite place to shop. Actually it is the place I can afford to shop at for now.  While walking around the back doors opened and a guy wheeled out a very pretty little set of drawers. 

My first reaction was my scrap room could use this....

Continued on the next blog Post...

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment