Saturday, September 1, 2012

A new Business Venture!!!

I have been an Instructor for a local Michael's store for just over a year now.  I was so excited when I started.  From the way I was hired, to how I was given the freedom of making my own schedule of when I wanted to teach classes.  I even loved doing the demos and make and takes out on the store floor. 

Well, this summer I have gotten a little discouraged.  No one is signing up for classes.  It may be because of local scrapping stores are offering classes, as well. I do not know. But I was truly hoping to share my passion of scrapping with others and build up a little following.

I have decided to give Michael's another month to see if things will pick up once the kids are settled back into school and in their daily routines.

If it does not get better I am giving my notice and going to try getting a business going on my own. 

Yesterday I signed up with Stampin' Up! to be an Independent Demonstrator.  I have a website now.  http://sharonscraps.stampinup.net and I hope you will take a little peek at the site and maybe even place and order to help me get my new business started.

I plan to host monthly crops and workshops and once I get my Starter Kit and put some cards together I will even offer Card Camps and some clubs, maybe a ribbon Club or Marker Club, I am not sure, yet.

I am excited for this new adventure and just wanted to share my news with everyone that has been following my SSS (Summer Scrap your Stash Challenge) 

Once I get started with my new supplies, I may start a new challenge using exclusively all Stampin Up products.

Sharon
Check out my new business venture

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Sharon on your new venture. I have a local girl I buy from but she holds a club each month at the local scrap store, so this maybe a thought for you and any of your local stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete