Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quiet lately

I know things have been pretty quiet around my blog lately.  Sorry.  this is just a quick little update to let everyone know what I have been up to.

School has started.  Just the Friday before the new school year started I received a letter in the mail saying I have been transferred to a new school.  I went from being a teacher's aide in a CARES preschool to being an aide in a High School CARES class.  I was so excited to get this news but surprised at how last minute the letter came.

I have been working in this classroom for a month now and I am loving it!!!  It is so nice to have a real conversation with my students.  I can play a game of chess with them, one boy is teaching me how to play.  He is actually very good at it.

I have been given my own class to teach crafts to.  I have 5 Freshman and we have made a bunch of earrings so far.  Today we started Halloween treats.  We are going to try to sell what we make in the school store. 

I am so happy with my new job.  Thank you to whomever it was looking out for me.

I decided to leave Michaels and thought I would miss it, but have decided this was a very good decision.  I do not miss it all all.  I have been teaching scrapping classes too long to deal with the hassles of teaching someone else's classes.  I am looking forward to the freedom of putting my own class schedule together.

I plan to start offering classes in my workshop this winter.  Maybe even sooner.  I have to get my room back in spice and span condition again before I even think of letting anyone see what this room looks like.

I signed up with Stampin' Up! and have received my starter kit.  I just have not had a chance to play with any of my new "toys" yet.

Anyone that would like to see what Stampin' Up! had to offer, I do have a website.  It is sharonscraps.stampinup.net  There is a link to go shopping from that site, as well.

I have been busy planning crafts to do with my class so when I get home i have not been on the computer much.  So this is why I have been so quiet lately.

I will start posting on a more regular basis once I start putting together some class samples.

Thanks for sticking around.

Sharon

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to hear more about your ScrapRack organization process. I'm thinking of getting one, but am wary of all the work I'm going to have to do (need to do) in my room to get the rack all filled. Any suggestions or encouragements you may have about the process and the end result would be great to hear. I think I'm also afraid of being stumped by products that I won't know where to put in the system or that don't fit in the rack. Also, how do I decide what I need to order first? I'd hate to find out I didn't order a big enough system then have to pay shipping twice. What do you think?
    THanks!
    Rhonda H

    ReplyDelete