Saturday, April 6, 2013

Time to start thinking about Blogging again

Time to Fresh my Blog

About me...

It all started back in the mid 1990's with some paper scraps, some deco edges scissors and a box of bad photos.   I had found a this journal that you could add your own stories and photos in and it was all about sisters.  I thought this would make a perfect gift for my sister since she was planning on getting married.  Well, it may not have been my best work but a Scrapper was born!
 
My sister soon took up the hobby, as well.  I am humbled to say she is ten times more creative than I will ever be, but is it fun that we have this great hobby to share.
 
Since starting this hobby I have learned:
  
             what I lack in originality, I make up for in personality. 
 
As much as I love to scrapbook, myself.  I found my true calling is teaching others about this great hobby.  I love to share what techniques and "tricks of the trade" I have learned over the years.   
 
I am certified as in Instructor with the following companies:
 
  • Certified instructor through Xyron.  The certification includes being knowledgeable with the different cartridges to go with their sticker/laminating machine.  All sizes from the 1 1/2 inch X up to their newest 12 inch wide Creatopia machine.  I received my first certification with Xyron back in 2007 and more recently with the introduction of the Creatopia machine in September of 2009.  
  • Scrapbook Instructor with EK Success. This certification was originally called Scrapbook Design & You, then changed names to Spotted Canary School.  The funny thing with this class is I took it myself as student back in 2005 and then took it again as in Instructor in 2010.  This is a great class for all levels of crafters.  You can learn the basics or refresh your style if you are an advanced scrapper. This is a very thought out class that teaches everything from "What is Scrapbooking?" to how to put colors together, design elements and finish out with telling your story with journaling.
  • Certified instructor through Michaels with their paperED program.  The certification includes being knowledgeable with the latest trends in the paper crafting world, how to use the latest tools and technology that Michaels carries, stamping/inking/embossing techniques, mixed media techniques and trained in helping you with your journaling and storytelling projects for your creations.
  • Certified Designer/Instructor through Copic Markers.  I received my certifications in June 2012 and teach private and group classes on how to get the best out of your Copics, how to properly use them, and more!
  • I also hold certificates from Creating Keepsakes University for a Bachelor of Scrapbooking Arts, 2004 and a Masters of Scrapbooking Arts, 2006.  These basically certify that I took classes with the top of the line instructors of the time, Beky Higgins, Tracy White, Heidi Swapp, Tim Holtz, etc...  and learned their tips and techniques for creative arts.

I live in Quincy, MA with my husband and children. Not only am I a paper crafter, I’m an avid Bargain Hunter.  If I can re-use something I already have or find it cheap at a consignment shop - all the better. My children are teens and finishing up their High School years.  You would think that would mean I have a little more "ME" time.   Are you laughing along with me now?  I am constantly going to watch sports games, drive kids to jobs or practices, mall runs, movie pick ups, Bible studies meetings at our house every week, Youth Groups on the weekends, the list goes on and on.

Some day the house will quite down and I know I will miss all the commotion and maybe I should not rush it but it sure does sound like something to look forward to.

This blog will hopefully inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new.  The majority of my posts will more than likely involve paper crafting in some form or another,  but I will throw in some other projects I am working on.  In the spring I start thinking about my little 4'x8' vegetable garden so you may read and see photos on the progress of my Not-So-Green thumb. 

I like to recycle items I find, so you may see some handmade projects with found junk.  I am thinking of making a shed with thrown out windows, if I can gather enough to complete this. So you may see updated on this here.

As Summer time approaches, my blog gets much more active.  I try to post on a daily basis since I do not work outside the home in summer.  MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR!!!

I hope you find something of interests here.  Leave me a comment if you like.

1 comment:

  1. Wow it's really nice...Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
    Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete