Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July!!

I have always been a history buff.  I think if I ever became a teacher, it would be a U S History teacher.  I work at a school and every morning we start the day with the Pledge of Allegiance.  I love starting my day thinking about how our national anthem was written during the Battle of Fort Sumtner, how many designs we had for a flag, 26 and how we cold still add more stars to our flag someday.

So with this in mind, today's challenge is Patriotic.  Do a scrapbook page or make a card that either has our country's colors Red, White and Blue in it.  Or maybe dedicate a page to a soldier you know or how about a page about a family cookout or fireworks display on the Forth.  Enjoy your challenge today and spend time with your family.

Happy Fourth everyone.

Here is my sample.
 
The background stamp is one I have had for years.  I love using script as background, but this particular one was perfect for today's challenge.  It is called Star Spangled Banner, by Stampabilities.  It was stamped in blue with red etched around the edges of the card,  Then some stars punched from my scraps and the sentiment is a Close To My Heart stamp from the Chantilly Scrapbook workshop stamp set.
 
Sharon
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment