Monday, February 28, 2011

I thought I was done

It is Monday afternoon. I was so excited yesterday morning. I actually thought I was done with my scraproom. I purged tons of stuff to good causes or the trash. I went through every sheets of paper, every sticker, every embellishment...

Everything in tucked away in its own proper place. I can actually sit back relax and maybe even scrapbook a little...

Until...

I must have set off the cleaning bug, because my darling husband decided to clean out the back corner of the basement. You know the one I am talking about. Everyone has one. That far off side of the basement that turns into a No Man's Land. Once things get stored there you never expect to see them again?

Well, that was the part my husband decided to attack yesterday. My nice clean scraproom turned into the dumping ground for all kinds of boxes and containers I had forgotten about that were full to the top with either scrapping supplies or craft supplies from my many years of being a Daisy / Brownie / Junior / Girl Scout troop Leader.

I thought I was done sorting. Now where am I going to put all this stuff?!! I started sorting, AGAIN, last night. And should be down there now doing more sorting. Luckily the pre-school I work at will benefit from all the craft stuff I am finding, paint brushes, fun foam, glue, crayons, construction paper, etc.

My sister always jokes that I should sign up for Scrap Shopping anonmys. Now after spending all this time sorting and trying to organize, I think she may be right.


I did get some really good news today. For months now I have been trying to find a location to run a monthly scrapbook group. Today I have comfirmed space. A local church is renting their hall to me the first Saturday of every month. Yes!!! I am so excited about this. The space is beautiful, spacious, has bathrooms close by, a kitchen we can use, plenty of parking. Now I just need to start getting the word out and start building up a group of scrappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment