Monday, October 3, 2011

Pre-op today.

Well, I had my pre-op appointment today. I got a lot of questions answered and feel much better about my upcoming surgery.

The big day is Monday, October 24. I have to be at Brigham & Womans by 6 am and surgery should last 3 1/2 hours. But, if all goes well I will be home the same day and back to my normal routine in 2 to 3 weeks.

I feel bad that this is interferring with so many other things going on right now. We will be in the middle of my son's football season so I will be missing 2 - 3 games. I have to reschedule classes I was planning on teaching at Michaels. Luckily no one had signed up for these classes so this was not a bad thing. I just moved some classes up to before my surgery.

I will have to have a sub fill in for me at my pre-school job. Hopefully, how ever is filling my role for this time will get along with my one-on-one student.

On a brighter note. My wieght loss is going better then expected. I am up to 20 lbs lost now. Yes!!! Still have a long way to go but this is a great start.

This past weekend I was hired to put together wedding favors and other items for an upcoming wedding. I was a little stressed over this. I had 5 days to make 105 favor tags, 70 hand-written place cards, 30 hand stamped and inked menu cards. But due to a cold I had yesterday and no ambition to leave the house, I got everything done in one day and the Bride-To-Be was thrilled with everything!!! She even asked if I could do a few more things, but considering her last day of work in the day after tomorrow and I have classes between now and then, I gracefully declined.

I have been playing with halloween and christmas stuff. If I could figure it out I would love to put a video on here of the little treat bags I have been making. I have no idea what I am going to do with them, but I think they are so darn cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment